I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tartan Parade*Scottish Food and Sights to See*



Hello Everyone,
I had so much fun putting together my 
'Tartan Parade' post yesterday I thought I would add a little something more to show how much I love SCOTLAND AND TARTAN.


Last June I traveled to the island of Iona.  If you look on the map you will see the island of Mull and just across the channel is the island of Iona.  During the month of June the sun doesn't set until around 3:00 a.m. in the morning.  We were blessed with warm weather, but usually it is cold and windy.  Especially with water on all sides.  


Now let's hop back to Edinburgh and enjoy more of  'Royal Mile' and see some of the sights.
Walkers is big deal in Scotland and when I stayed in a hotel Walkers shortbread biscuits were next to the tea pot and tea. 


I now remember Sarah @ Hyacinths for the Soul commenting on the Walkers and Campbells cute containers I photographed.  I wanted to bring home some of the metal containers, but I was limited on luggage space. Now I think I could have mailed some things home.  


Before going on my trip I did a post on Scotland.  I made three tartan hearts for my two traveling companions and one heart for me. I didn't know anything about tartan then...Wow what a lesson I received.


When we arrived on the Island of Iona the first thing we did was have tea on the lawn.
Three cups of tea for Three Ladies go Traveling.


The Cashmere and Lambswool comes from these Argyle sheep grazing  in the field on the island of Iona.
The land across the water is the Isle of Mull


This is a view from my hotel room overlooking the train station.  I love the architecture of the buildings in Edinburgh.


Indeed Scotland is Burns Country


A little treat we enjoyed while waiting for the ferry in Oben.


I love Shortbread cookies.


This Tea Table is my tribute to Scotland.


And to end our journey we will stop and see where
 Robert Burns lived during his first visit to Edinburgh  in 1786.

Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
I'm joining 
On The Menu Monday @ StoneGable
Tartan Parade @ Upstairs Downstairs 
and 
Return to Loveliness @  A Delightsome Life

xo
Betty  

8 comments:

  1. Betty, thank you for sharing more. Your photos are gorgeous.
    I so want to return to Scotland one day soon. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I love Scotland. Lovely pictures that you bid on. Shortbread is so good, but much butter is in the cake. I wish you a skönv week! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous post, Betty!
    Thanks for sharing your travelogue.
    I have always wanted to travel to Scotland
    and seeing your lovely photos makes it
    even more appealing to me!

    So glad you shared this second post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you, I feel like I've been to Scotland. That treat with all the whip cream looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, How exciting that you visited Scotland and saw so many historic spots. How lovely to make tartan hearts for your travelling companions. Love the shortbread tins and your tea table setting. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from On the Menu Monday! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling over all the shortbread! This is such an amazing post. I feel like I was sitting right there on that green lawn having tea with you! Wow! What a great trip you had. Makes me want to pack my bags and get on a plane to Scotland today...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go to Scotland. My son and DIL went there on their honeymoon. I love your post. So informative and pretty. Lovely seeing your photos and hearing about things you did.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...