I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A 'BIG' New Cloche for My Cozy Corner


Hi Everyone,
I have a brand new 'BIG' Cloche.
My daughter and granddaughters gave this fabulous cloche to me for my birthday on 
June 3rd. 
I've been waiting for Marty to have a cloche party so I could show off my 'BIG' CLOCHE.

Actually I have been doing some fun decorating at My Cozy Corner lately.
I made the rose patterned pillows this spring, and a couple of weeks ago I covered two more pillows on the sofa that been on there for more than 20+ years.


I'm following the decorating tips for coffee table appeal.  
Something Tall + One Oddball Object + Something Fresh  + A Stack of Books


I love my new cloche.  I will be busy finding wonderful things to display in it all year long.


When I started to blog I didn't know what a cloche was.  How quick I learned. 
In the beginning I found ~What I called cloches all around the house~ 
Go Here to see a review of the past cloche parties I have joined. 

As you can see I have acquired a few real cloches. A little fruit under cover and on the sofa table behind the love seat I have put some of my fresh Lavender in a vase.


I love to sit in the love seat and read my Country French and Tea books
I also enjoy my vignette using my thrifty finds.
A Lenox vase and candle holder from the thrift shops in our area. 


This cloche is just a perfect size for small decor



A cloches can be used to display treasures from a vacation or treasures from home too. 
The little ducks I bought from a little mexican boy in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
He was so cute and the little ducks go so well with our Cozy Corner. 
And a little jar of lavender buds for accent comes from my lavender plant in my garden. 


I made this heart shaped lavender sachet with the same rose patterned fabric I used for the rectangular pillows on the sofa and love seat.  I love the way it hangs from the lamp.



My newest hobby is to go to the thrift shops and find inexpensive decorating books. 
They are not new, but the rules of decor stay the same.  Just a little update once in awhile.
I've found the painted letters are very popular now.  So I bought this letter Y at TM.
Sweetheart painted it black for me in a heartbeat. 
 He is so talented and willing to please me. Even after 52 years. LOL!


As I was buying the letter Y I thought I would embroidery the letter Y on one of my new pillows.
But I forgot how to embroidery.  I thought I would have to do some samples first...That would be to long and you can see me in tears before I was finished with the project.  Well, I decided to have the monogram done by a professional ($5.00) yes. I know, amazing !
 I love the color of the thread and the block style is the same as the Y on the mantel.
 I'm having so much fun making our home Cozy.  


I made a matching heart sachet, but the bow was being so stubborn that I just tied a knot.


I love to recap my photos in a collage.  
Thanks Marty for throwing this great party.
I love my Cloches...


Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
This week my son from Pasadena is spending the week with us and of course bringing our 
two granddaughters. We are planning to go to Water Works Park and  water sking at the lake.
The four cousins are getting together for sleep-overs and other fun activities during the week.
Ages of girls are: 2 - 12 year olds, 1 - 10 year old and 1 - 8 years old.
Our grown  granddaughters (18 and 21) are coming up on Saturday to visit for the day  so I will be taking 
lots of photos. 
The blogs parties I will be joining this week are:

Tuesday  
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday ~ Cloche Party
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness 

Wednesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

Thursday 
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party 
My Cottage Charm for Treasures and Trinkets Thursday

Friday 
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home 
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell 

Saturday
Natasha In  OZ for Say G'day Saturday

Sunday 
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

I hope you have a great week and think of me as I'm out on the beautiful lake laughing and watching my granddaughters learn to water ski. 
EAT ICE CREAM
WATERMELON 
AND 
S'MORES
Thanks again to my wonderful followers that drop by and have a laugh or two.
I love you all
xo
Betty 

12 comments:

  1. Great cloches, Betty! I love your new big one. That is huge! You are going to have a lot of fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! Oh, congratulations on your big cloche! Looks beautiful sitting on your coffee table. I've enjoyed seeing your room - it's so pretty!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your cloches are all lovely. Your coffee table vignette is perfect, love the books, greenery and the cloche with the pretty nest. Perfect. The smaller cloches are lovely also and I spied a tall apothecary jar in the background. It is beautiful too. YOur home is so warm and inviting and you have everything displayed so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute inviting room. I love all your vignettes, especially the one with the books, red sphere, plant and moss....so nice. Love all your cloches! Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty,
    this is my first time to visit you, but you are my kind of girl!! Enjoyed your post and your new cloche is lovely, love the birdnest in there. All your vignettes are nice and your home looks warm, cozy and lovely.
    My sofa fabric is so much like yours. You have a lovely home hon, and it is just such fun to fluff our nests
    isn't it!

    Have a great time with your family!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you have shared with us today. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new cloche! They are always fun to decorate with especially with the changing seasons :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cloche!! I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great addition. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cloche. I have three pieces of them in my living room at my makati condominiums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...