I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, October 15, 2012

All About Autumn in a Cloche


Hello Everyone,
 Wow! What a busy week. I was working last week at TM on a BIG PROJECT...
But, now I'm back ready to party. 
Cloche Time~It's all about Autumn with a little bit of French influence.
The BIG CLOCHE has center stage today. Silver and Orange show off the big pumpkin on the coffee table.
I have been changing the big cloche every few weeks.
To see the Big Cloche Copy-Cat Challenge GO HERE
I found this large apothecary jar at the thrift store a few months ago with the price tag attached to the bottom. It was love at first sight, and a great deal.  The little mini pumpkin is sitting in a jeweled candle holder   embellished with amber stones. Very Autumn.
This morning while reading the Sunday Parade, Nate Berkus shared his "TIPS" about High-Impact, Low-Cost Ideas for getting the Most from your Home.
I'm going to paraphrase his ideas. 
Low-Budget Spruce-ups for your home.
1. Clean your house! It costs nothing.  LOL  I love this one. I love to clean house.
2. Painting is an easy spruce-up, but it takes time, and isn't very expensive.
3. Shop your house. Move around what you already own. 
My favorite thing in the article was redefining our space. Living rooms should be used for living.
 If your new to My Cozy Corner our home doesn't have a family room. 
We use our living room to read, entertain, eat, play games and watch television. (Baseball).
During the winter we have a fire in the fireplace and I cuddle up on the sofa with my throw and watch my favorite programs on television or read my favorite decorating books.



I love my cloches and the living room is a great place to showcase my wonderful glass enclosures.
The beautiful colors of the artificial pumpkins are amazing.

I couldn't resist bringing the cloche party into the dining room.  The tea cup has a Pear motif on the cup and adored with the beautiful script inside makes a cloche statement...
I made some Orange Madeleine cakes for my tea cup post and I put the remainder in this cloche.
All about Madeleines in an upcoming post. 
This is the French influence I was mentioning at the top of the post.
 I love anything french. French pastries is on top of the list today.
I plan to serve these delightful cakes at my next tea party and I wanted to test the recipe. 
I'm becoming a Francophile~Visiting France is the new trip in my pocket. 
It will be awhile before I visit my new favorite place, but I have to research and plan my trip. 
And that takes time...Hope you stay around for the journey. 



Oh my gosh! Another joyous day at My Cozy Corner.  
Thank you so much for visiting and please visit again.
I will joining some awesome parties this week. Follow the links below.
À bientôt - See you soon!
Monday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Tuesday
A Stroll Thur Life for Table Top Tuesday
Home Stories A2Z for Tutorial and Tips Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
Wednesday
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
The Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Party
Stonegable for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits
Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Saturday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday 
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Natasha In Oz for Say G'Day Saturday
Sunday
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday
Thank you for joining me.
Xo
Betty

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cloches! I see you're going to France and are already having yummy Madelaines..I love them with some tea right now. Beautiful cloches EACH ONE and your coffee table looks lovely with them. Happy Cloche party.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Betty. I love all your cloches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely living room area you have! It looks so comfy and inviting. Your autumn cloches are so pretty and I love your sofa! I've never made Madelains. I need to buy a pan and make them some day soon! Looking forward to seeing your next tea party!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, you have so many fabulous cloche and apothecary displays. I love them all. How fun and pretty. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a large cloche too but I haven't decorated with it yet! Thanks for the inspiration. peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. It is amazing what you can put under a cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave me so many ideas about the cloche!

    Healthy Pink Snacks
    Have an enjoyable Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! As you may already know, I am cloche challenged and need all the help I can get.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Fall decor and lovely cloches.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cloches you are sharing with us. Just about anything looks good under a cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Betty, gorgeous cloche displays - some even quite sweet! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...