I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, July 29, 2013

Visiting a Lavender Farm and More!


Hello Everyone, 
Lavender fever has hit Blog Land this past week. I have enjoyed the beautiful posts about the amazing Lavender plant, and I've had a love affair with lavender for many years.  This year I was blessed to visit another beautiful Lavender farm to celebrate a very special day. On July 17, 2013, my Sweetheart and I celebrated our 53rd Wedding Anniversary. We stayed home as usual and enjoyed our traditional Steak and Lobster dinner. Being married for a long...time and being retired. I love to spend together, and save the gifts for another occasion. So I planned a road trip for the next day to a beautiful spot in Northern California, called Mt Shasta Lavender Farms. 
Sweetheart and I left our house in the late morning and drove to the Mt Shasta Lavender Farms, located twenty minutes north of Mt Shasta City, California, on a 3500 ft. sunny slope, growing lavender for oil, ornamentation, and culinary use.
A beautiful view of the Lavender field, the majestic view of Mt Shasta and a beautiful french provence fountain was the setting to give our day a wonderful beginning. 
The most stunning, unadulterated view of Mt Shasta was a sight to see.
I wore my boots and took off into the lavender fields. I walked the 90 ft. diameter Lavender Labyrinth and viewed the beautiful valley below.
I meandered in the fields inhaling the clipped lavender sprigs of the 20-acre farm and enjoyed the magnificent views. 
The young ladies were working in the fields using a small sickle to harvest the lavender.
The small sickle needs sharping for easy clean cutting. I don't think I'm going to be using a sickle real soon. 
A beautiful terrace to drink lavender lemonade and enjoy more beautiful views.
Check out the fabulous Lavender Shop and the beautiful blue doors. 
So French Provence!
Please come inside and look around.  Beautiful bunches of Lavender.
You pick Lavender  $4/100 stems.
sachets
This lavender is sold to use for crafts.
A beautiful bouquet of Lavender. 
A basket of sachets and the quintessential lavender wand.
This is a beautiful way to use lavender. I'm sure I will be making these darling coat hanger covers soon.
Special lavender is harvested for culinary use.  
The Mt Shasta Lavender Farms is in the high desert and the temp was around 95 degrees in the afternoon. After walking and shopping Sweetheart and I went up to the tables under the trees and had our  picnic lunch of: Salami slices, cheese, crackers, potato chips, ice cold watermelon and ice cold water from the ice chest. 
I asked the owners permission to photograph their beautiful property.
I had a fabulous day...
I wanted to share my love of lavender.
I usually have a lavender post once a year. If you are new here or would like to look again at these old posts. Click Here for Purple-Reign July 2012

I love Lavender
This post shows you what 'One Lavender Plant' can produce.
It's amazing
Click Here  'I Love Lavender' June  2011

I made over 200 sachets for favors. Thanks to my granddaughters we made them in a week. Click Here for '200 Lavender Sachets' August 2010.

Something for everyone!
~Lemon Loaf with Lavender~
Click Here for cooking with lavender. September 2012
Printable recipe

Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner.
I hope you enjoyed my trip to a beautiful lavender farm and more.
I'm linking to:
Tuesday
Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop 
Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Thursday
Home and Garden 
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits
Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Oh, the Places I've Been!
Foodie Friday

Betty @ My Cozy Corner





18 comments:

  1. Congratulations. The pictures are beautiful jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the lavender farm is terrific. I also love lavender. Your pictures are really good. Belated Happy Anniversary.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, thank you so much for sharing your visit to that beautiful lavender farm! What a gorgeous, serene place. Happy Anniversary! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a delightful place to visit. I can just imagine the wonderful aroma. Thanks for the tour. Thanks also for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also went to a Lavender Farm last week (I posted about it), but it was nowhere as large as this farm! The photos are gorgeous with the mountain in the background! Our Farm was on Cayuga Lake in NY. Last year we went to The Cape Cod Lavender Farm - another small farm but so quaint! Enjoyed reading this (I even think I got a whiff of lavender!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful place. Wish I had known about it when we were near Mt Shasta a few years ago. I'll have to put it on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely business to have! I have one lavender plant and i love it! Pinned to my travel board:) I posted DIY Jacket this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary, its always wonderful seeing lasting love~

    LOVED your lavender day at shasta, i almost went myself but i had dragged my husband to mantanza creek winery for their lavender and we went to the sonoma lavender festival the next week, i didn't have the heart to force him up to shasta for another fling, but your shots show how gorgeous it is! when at the sonoma lav festival i bought the book lav fields of amercia, actually the festival is held at the authors home, anyway shasta was in the book and it looked wonderful. high fresh clean air, it must have been a wonderful getaway. everytime we pass through this area i think it would be a nice place to live.your shots are wonderful, i feel like i am there in the wide open spaces i love.

    thanks for all you links, i off to enjoy more of your lavender moments, if you get a chance i did a weeks worth plus of lavender recipes and day trips you might enjoy, just look under lavender week in the labels~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lavender too, Betty; alas, I've never been to a lavender farm in the U.S. or Provence. But your post has given me an idea of something new to add to my bucket list. :) I took an herb class about ten years ago, and our teacher had been to France. She taught us to make the lavender wants; I only made three, but I love them. They're so pretty and aromatic.

    I've seen several lavender posts recently, too. Your pictures of the lavender farm and Mt. Shasta are just gorgeous! That gift shop was full of great ideas for using lavender. Thanks for sharing with us -- visiting from "Oh the PLACES I've Been." Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Cozy Corner.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just imagine the fragrant smell all around. What a beautiful trip! The view is spectacular...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful setting, and I bet it smelled out of this world in that wonderful shop. It sounds like you enjoyed a very happy anniversary. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never think that you can find lavender farms in that neck of the woods and it does look so Provencal, beautiful

    I'm inviting you to also join us for Travel Photo Mondays, it runs the whole week and starts on Mondays, come link up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place to visit. Wish I lived closer! I love lavender, this farm is amazing!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lavender is so beautiful and how can you beat that view of Mt. Shasta, gotta one of my favorites...I have been wanting to try some lavender cake so this lavender post was the perfect timing for me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Lavender too! This looks like an amazing farm with an awesome view - very interesting post! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Betty, I wanted to share that your post will be featured in this week's Home and Garden Thursday, thanks for sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know quite how I discovered you, but I'm so glad I did! Lavender has charmed me for decades - I wish I lived near a farm that grows it in such abundance as this one you featured. You lucky lady! Thanks for the lovely pictures and recipe...yum. I'm looking forward to learning more about you through your wonderful blog. Warmly, Vickie

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...